Wednesday 23 March 2016

As part of our topic work in room three, we have been thinking and talking about 'what job we would like to do when we leave school'.
We thought about

  • What skills would we need?
  • Where would we learn these skills?
  • Why we want to do this job?
Some children came to school dressed in the clothes they thought they would wear if they did this job.



When I grow up I am going to learn to be a Ninja. I need to learn drop kicks and martial arts. I will learn it in China.
I want to be a Ninja because I want to use swords and katarnars and I get to learn to use bows and arrows.

By Alexander.

When I grow up I want to be a fashion designer.
The skills I need to know are what goes with what.  I feel overjoyed when I do this.  I will need to go to a boutique to learn this.  This will be adventurous.
By Zera


When I grow up I want to be a doctor, because they help people.  I need to be good at math and writing.
By Karalise

When I grow up I want to be a hairdresser because I think it might be fun.  I would get taught by my Aunty, because she is a hairdresser.  I will need to be taught how to do hair properly from my Aunty.
By Aurora


When I grow up I want to be a doctor.  The skills I need to learn are checking peoples eyes, ears and mouth.  I also need to check the persons tongue.  I want to be a doctor because I want to help sick people. I need to go to the hospital and medical school to learn how to be a doctor.  The things I need to be good at are; doing surgeries and doing a check up.  I like helping people that is why I want to be a doctor. 
By Adu


When I grow up I want to be a Zoo Keeper because I want to help people see animals.  I will feel quite scared because of the scary tiger.  I will learn it in a university.  I'll learn my skills there too. I will study too and learn how to keep safe.  I need to be able to feed animals and care for the animals health.
By Mack



When I grow up I want to be a Vet. My neighbour Karalise has a Tabby cat and it's name is Olof.  
Tabby cats are my favourite type of cats.  I need to knew how to sew because when the animals have a cut, I will need to sew the cut up.  I also need to like animals, which I really do love animals.  My mum said when I am a teenager, I can go to work at a nearby Vets. 
By Millie



When I grow up I want to be teacher because I can teach people and get money.  I will need to learn to have a kind 'inside' voice.  I have to go to university to learn, math, reading, writing and art.  I have to like kids and have neat writing and drawing.
By Wai



















5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome writing Room 3! Great to see you have big dreams and goals! Keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved being apart of the children's career aspirations. Our future is in 'good hands' with these inspirational children becoming professionals in all genres. Great leadership Mrs Edwards ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved this. Its great to see the children dressed up and hear about their aspirations. Keep up the good work rm3

    ReplyDelete